- We are located in:
The Nicholson Specialist Centre
Suite 301, Level 9
83 Nicholson St
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your first appointment.
- On arrival you will be greeted by our Practice Manager, Rosalind, or one of our receptionists, Lochy and Deborah.
- You will then be asked to complete a patient registration form and other documentation. You can complete this form at your convenience prior to your appointment by clicking here.
- Dr. Kenny will then take you through into his rooms for the consultation.
Please bring with you the following:
- Medicare or Veterans’ Affairs card,
- Private Health Insurance card,
- Referral letter from your General Practitioner,
- Work Cover patients please bring a claim number, injury date, employer and insurer details,
- Imaging, including X-rays, MRI or CT scans,
- Investigations, including nerve conduction studies or bloods,
- Details of Medical History, including medical conditions, medications and allergies,
- A copy of previous operation reports if applicable.
It is helpful to wear clothing that allow easy examination of your limb of concern.
Please bring a friend or family member to support you if possible.
To cancel an appointment, please telephone the office 24 hours in advance. This allows us to allocate your appointment time to another patient on the waiting list.
Please find a summary of public transport and courtesy bus options here:
Please find a summary of parking options and fees here:
|Initial Consultation:||$200 ($150 Pensioners and Concession Card Holders) Medicare rebate $85.55|
|Follow up Consultation:||$90 ($80 Pensioners and Concession Card Holders) Medicare rebate $43.|
Dr. Kenny will explain his fees prior to surgery. This will include an estimate of the surgical fees and the approximate out-of-pocket costs.
There may be separate costs associated with the hospital, the Anaesthetist and the Surgical Assistant. Dr. Kenny’s team can provide you with the contact details required to find out this information.
We ask for payment at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, EFTPOS, most credit cards and bank transfer. Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express and Diner’s Club. If your bank details are registered with Medicare, we can process your rebate in the rooms. Alternatively, you can present your receipt in person at a Medicare office.