Please contact me via my rooms or email if you have any concerns or problems. If the problem is an emergency then please attend the Emergency Department.
GENERAL POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
- You have been prescribed analgesia. Please take according to instructions.
- If you are uncertain about instructions or have questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Kenny via email
or via his rooms.
- Please do not get your wound wet. You can shower or bathe, but you will need to make modifications to ensure that your wound does not get wet.
- Please leave your dressings on, and do not touch the wound.
- Elevate the surgical site as much as possible in the first 72 hrs post operatively. This may help to decrease swelling and pain.
Hand therapy or physiotherapy
- Please make an appointment and attend your post operative therapy.
- It is a key component of rehabilitation and will help to get you the best results.
- There is a referral form in this post operative pack.
- The recommended date to commence therapy and protocol that the therapist should follow is written on the referral form.
On the day of surgery
- Please obtain an X ray on the day of, or day prior to your post operative 2 week review.
- A referral form has been provided.
- You do not need to make an appointment.
Post operative appointment in my rooms
- Please call my rooms and make an appointment for 2 weeks post operatively.
- The recommended date is written on the back of my business card that is included in your discharge
- If antibiotics are prescribed, please take the full course as directed.
- Take your normal prescription medications as usual, unless you have been otherwise advised. If you have any concerns please the rooms, or contact Dr. Kenny via email.
- Maintain good nutrition and a balanced diet. We suggest you avoid alcohol and smoking for as long as possible.