Patients requiring hand therapy pre and post operatively can now have this in our practice rooms with our hand therapist Erika, from The Hand Recovery Centre. This arrangement offers an improvement in care for patients, with:
- Care for non-operative and operative conditions
- Continuity for patients with a hand therapist that is familiar with Dr. Kenny’s preferences
- Combined consultations between surgeon & therapist
- Improved communication between members of the team and patients.
Dr. Kenny is happy to refer patients to another therapy clinic if they prefer.
The Hand Recovery Centre
Consulting in rooms with Dr Kenny, The Hand Recovery Centre strives to provide a positive experience through the recovery process for your client. From the first contact to the last, they endeavour to provide a welcoming client-centered environment that couples evidence-based practice with more than 12 years of clinical experience in hand therapy. Erika Lassig is the principal therapist and has completed additional study and training to become an Accredited AHTA Hand Therapist. Phillip Lassig oversees all the business and customer service functions of the centre and is committed to providing a positive experience to all clients. A written referral or phone referral are both acceptable.
Erika also takes direct referrals for issues that don’t require specialist input. She sees patients at two convenient locations:
- Dr Kenny’s rooms at the Greenslopes Specialist Centre
- Calamvale Medical Centre.